It will be frustrating when your HyperX Cloud Stinger mic not working. As you know, the quality of sound greatly affects your gaming experience.
Many users experienced the same problem by accident – even when using the headset for the first time. This article will suggest the best ways to put an end to the annoyance of an unresponsive microphone.
Let’s give it a read!
How To Fix The Hyperx Cloud Stinger Mic Not Working?
Find Out The Problem
Adjust Microphone Volume
Users reported issues with the Cloud Stinger gaming headset, and they could not adjust the audio level. The solution is pretty simple:
- Check the USB key. It comes with a gaming headset.
- Find a small Mute switch.
- Be sure to turn it on.
- The problem should then disappear.
- Note that the USB dongle has its control keys.
- Important: don’t forget to adjust the volume with it.
- Check if the connection is correct according to the instructions.
Reconnect The Headset
Although the 3.0 standard is gaining popularity, several users reported that this headset does not work properly. Try connecting to a USB 2.0 port. There will be no problems with the transmission quality.
Try using the ports on the back of the computer instead of the front. The back panel is built into your motherboard so that you will clear the error.
Checking Sound Settings
- Press Windows + S and type Sound.
- Select “Sound” from the menu.
- Choose Recording.
- Click the box next to Show Disabled Devices.
- Now find the Microphone and turn it on.
- Click Apply, and then click OK. Save changes.
Try Disabling And Reactivating Your Device
- Open the Sound window.
- Click on the “Recording” tab.
- Disconnect your headset.
- After that, turn on your hardware and test it.
Use A Sound Troubleshooter
If your sound configuration is wrong, then run an automatic check:
- Windows + I
- Go to the Update and Security.
- Select Troubleshoot.
- Now select Record.
- Click Run The Troubleshooter.
- End the process by following the instructions on the screen.
- Update your firmware
Working with the firmware is an extended procedure that leads to irreversible damage to the headphones in case of errors. To update the headphone firmware, visit the HyperX website and download the firmware and instructions.
Use An Audio Splitter
You need a small device with two 3.5mm ports, one audio, and one microphone. After connecting the headset to the splitter, it will work.
Many Hyper Xs come with remote control. It adjusts the sensitivity of the microphone. Many users reported – this method solved the problem for them.
Check The Wires
If the cable is damaged, you will have to replace it. Visually examine the appearance of the wire, connect it to another PC to be sure of damage.
We hope one of the methods helped you solve the problem. If this does not happen, then contact those HyperX support. You can watch this video.
Possible Methods You Can Try
We recommend four methods. It does not mean you have to try them all. We hope that you can succeed from the first method.
- Fix connection error
- Check your sound settings
- Update headphone driver
- Reset device’s operating system
Method 1: Fix Connection Error
Cloud Stinger headset microphone may be disconnected or incorrectly connected. So it’s worth checking out your headset connection and the mute setting.
- Make sure you enable your headset USB switch.
- Check all connectors to ensure they’re all seated correctly. If you can’t find any problems with the connectors, try using a 3.5mm audio jack instead of a USB or putting the USB cable into a different USB port.
Is your headset microphone working now? If it does, great. Otherwise, you can try the next method.
Method 2: Check Your Audio Settings
Cloud Stinger microphone may not work because you may disable it or not set it as the default device on your laptop. So, you need to turn it back on and set default mode for it by following these steps:
- Press Windows + R on your keyboard to open the dialog box as shown.
- Type Control in the box and press Enter.
- On the Control Panel, click on Large icons in the View by dropdown menu.
- Select Sound.
- Select the entry, right-click any space in the list of devices and select Show Disabled Devices.
- Right-click Headset Microphone, you will see Enable on the first row. Right-click on it and check Set As Default Device.
Your headset should be working now. If the problem persists then you can move on to the 3rd method.
Method 3: Update The Audio Driver
Cloud Stinger mic may not work due to the outdated or wrong driver. Then you may try to update the driver to fix the problem.
You can consider an automatic or manual method. But we do not recommend that you choose the manual process, unless you are knowledgeable about computer systems.
- The automatic update process just got easier with the Driver Easy tool. Once started, it will automatically search for all devices that need driver updates and help install them all at once. Proceed as follows:
- Download Driver Easy and install it on your PC
- After running it, click Scan Now. The crash scan will take place automatically to detect all devices with faulty drivers.
- Click Update to download the latest version of each driver. Or select Update All to install all.
As soon as you finish the update process, you need to restart your device and wait for the mic to work.
Method 4: Reset Windows
Before resetting Windows, you need to back up crucial files. If you are using Windows 10, reset your system by following the guide below.
Reset Windows 10 but keep personal files: Apply this method if you want to reinstall Windows 10 without losing files.
- Open the Settings application by clicking the Settings icon on the Start menu or pressing the Windows + I key combination.
- On the Settings interface, click Update & security.
- Under Update & security, click Recovery from the left pane of the window.
- Next, in the window’s right pane, click Get Started in the Reset this PC section to open the Choose an option window.
- In the Choose an options dialog box displayed, you will see two options: Keep my files and Remove everything.
- Next, you will see a list of applications you will remove during the computer’s Reset of the operating system. Click Next to continue.
- At this time, a warning window will appear on the screen. Click Next to perform the next steps.
- Finally, on the Ready to reset this PC screen, click Reset to restart the computer and start the reset process. The process will take about 20 minutes to 1 hour.
- After the reset process is finished, you will see the Lock Screen displayed on the screen. Click to select the Lock Screen screen, then enter the username and password to access the Desktop screen of your Windows 10 computer.
Reset Windows 10 computer and wipe everything
- Open the Settings app, then navigate to Update & security > Recovery. In the Reset, this PC section, click Get Started.
- On the Choose an option screen, click Remove everything.
- If your computer has more than two drives, you will see on the screen Your PC has more than one drive with two options:
- Only the drive where Windows is installed: Only the drive containing the Windows installer
- All drives: All drives
- Click Show me the list of drives that will be affected to see a list of drives that will be affected if you click the All drives option.
- Next on the Do, you want to clean the drives, too? screen, you will have the next two options:
- Just remove my files
- Remove files and clean the drive
- At this point, a warning window will appear on the screen, telling you that you will remove the programs installed on your Windows 10 computer. Your task is to click Next to continue.
- Finally, on the Ready to reset this PC screen, click Reset to restart the computer and begin the process of resetting your Windows 10 computer.
If you use an older version of Windows, see this video to reinstall your operating system.
If you’ve tried all of these fixes and the microphone on your Cloud Stinger mic is still not working, it might be a hardware problem. In this case, call for Kingston technical support.
Reasons Causing The Cloud Stinger Mic Stop Working
If you have disabled your audio device for some reason, you may receive a message that the Cloud Stinger microphone is not detected. Turn them on from your PC’s sound settings.
You may need to make sure that you turned on all microphones, speakers, and external devices. If you have enabled the microphone on your computer, the next thing you need to consider is if it is the default microphone or not.
Furthermore, the cord may be twisted, broken due to extreme actions when playing games. So you need to take care of it to use it longer.
The Best Way To Care Cloud Stinger Mic
There is one problem that most of the users have faced – the unstable operation of the microphone.
You may need to repair or clean the component to fix the problem. We will learn how to clean the microphone on Cloud Stinger.
Dust accumulations, skin particles, and small debris can get on the sound-sensitive head of the microphone, which leads to the loss of its useful properties. You will need to get cotton wool, and an alcohol solution to wipe it.
Moisture condensation often forms between the gaskets of the microphone and the microphone head, preventing the process of sound vibrations. You need to warm up the mic under an incandescent lamp.
Another reason for the failure of the sound recording is a break in the incoming wire. There are two options for refurbishment work for this case.
First, you may need to repair the broken wire. But if the wire in the headphones has broken in several places, then it is better to replace everything at once.
Frequently Asked Questions
How To Fix Unstable Operation On The Cloud Stinger Mic?
Test the mic with another PC or mobile device first. You need to check the connection between the plug and the headset by shaking the cable. If you notice a sound, the cable may have a problem, and you need to replace it.
And if the problem is with the device, the desk can take advantage of a two-year warranty. To avoid problems with warranty rights, you should purchase products from official HyperX resellers.
In addition, unstable audio can originate from the game’s audio distortion. At this point, you need to tweak the sound settings for the game by taking advantage of the advanced settings.
Will The Built-in Audio Codec Of My PC Be Enough To Make A Good Sound?
All HyperX Clouds deliver high-end experiences. They can reveal the difference between a built-in audio chip and a stand-alone solution.
Your PC’s built-in audio codec is enough to produce good sound, but not the best. Independent solutions from other external brands make HyperX Cloud sound even more stunning.
Is It Possible To Use Hyperx Cloud Headsets With Discrete Gaming Audio?
Wow, it’s perfectly possible to use Hyperx Cloud with discrete gaming audio cards. Using them, you will hear stronger and more persistent sounds.
You can easily find many types of cards available in the market. Here, we introduce a few that promise to bring you great experiences.
- ASUS Xonar DGX
- Creative Sound Blaster Audigy Fx with PCIe
- Creative Sound BlasterX G1 with USB connections
- ASUS STRIX SOAR
- Creative Sound Blaster Z
- Creative Sound BlasterX AE-5
What Causes A Little Background Noise In The Cloud Stinger?
There are many factors that lead to the noises in the hearing. One of those reasons can be traced back to the cheap quality of motherboard components. Their reduced lifespan also causes sound disturbances.
You can check for the problem by reconnecting the device to a different USB connector. If that doesn’t work, you can try lowering the volume in the headset box, while increasing the volume of the game or computer.
I Accidentally Interrupted The Extension/Detachable Headset Cable. Now One Earphone Does Not Work. How To Choose The Right Replacement?
All cables can break at some point of use. If it’s time to replace it, there are a few things you need to consider.
HyperX plugs are 4-pin and belong to CTIA cables. Therefore, you need to look for a CTIA splitter before choosing the suitable one. Note, do not purchase OMTP wiring because it is completely different wiring.
We hope you find a suitable method to solve the HyperX Cloud Stinger mic not working. Contact us if you have other questions. You can also leave a comment to share your own ideas.
Thank you for reading!