Steam is quite a popular application for everyone because it allows players to entertain themselves on its interface. One of the main highlights is the ability to share your Steam library with family, friends, and loved ones.
Many people don’t know how to access this feature for their accounts. To help you solve the above problem, we will show you how to share Steam library briefly and easily through the article below.
Let’s check it out!
The Family Library Sharing Feature Overview
Family library sharing makes it possible for users to create their game library available to the world. All the video games in your library will now be visible to your friends or family.
However, you can only share up to 5 Steam accounts and 10 devices, because Stream does not accommodate unlimited sharing of arrangements.
Also, a monthly subscription is required for some games that aren’t part of the Steam family library share category. Of course, you pay for those subscriptions.
Normally, only notable titles require a third-party key and fee, etc. Most games have a free policy, so you don’t have to worry too much about family sharing.
One of the things that makes this feature so popular is the practicality it brings to users. Especially for gamers, reality helps them a lot in building achievements and improving skills.
How To Share A Steam Library
You can share your Steam library in two ways. However, you must enable the Steam Guard feature on all related accounts before going through the process.
Granting use rights to others
After starting Steam Guard mode, we will come to the first step of sharing for everyone, granting permission to use another account.
This step is pretty important because users from other accounts won’t access your library if you don’t do this. From there, they also can’t see what you want to share.
To ensure that the correct authorization is performed, please do the operations in the right order as follows:
- First, you must sign in to the Steam account you want to share the game with.
- To be sure, please go to the step of enabling Steam Guard security again by Clicking on Settings on the Steam interface. To continue, go to the Steam Client and select the account section.
- After opening Steam Guard, go back to the original settings and select the Family tab. Here, you start setting the people you want to share with and Click on the word “Allow Sharing Libraries on This Computer”. Another note is that you must ensure that the user is signed in to the account you choose.
- Or you can do it another way: choose big picture mode first, then go to settings and select family sharing. Finally, click the “Allow Library Sharing on This Computer” line.
- In general, both of the above methods will help you turn on the feature to allow users to access your account. At this point, you’ve completed 50% of your sharing journey. To go through the whole process, let’s go to the next step.
Submit an access request
The rest of the library sharing is sending access requests to the users. In general, this step is not difficult to do, and we just ask you to do the following correctly:
- Sure, you can’t forget to enable Steam Guard on your Steam account.
- At the game library, you can view all the games owned by other accounts. What you need to do now is choose a game you want to share.
- You must then click the “Play” icon to request access to the respective library.
- After completing the request step, an email from the system will be sent to the game owner’s account.
- The user needs to go to the email inbox and click on the link inside to play the game in their library.
- In general, the steps are not too difficult. Even if you are a person who does not have much experience and is not knowledgeable about using the software, you can still share your game with others using this method.
- Not only that, but you can also play games in other people’s libraries through the above method.
If you are still confused about the above method, you can refer to this video for more details:
Advantages And Disadvantages Of Share Steam
Similar to other features, Share Steam also has its advantages and disadvantages. To learn more, we will come to each of the following sections.
- Sharing makes it possible for you to try out many different games from family and friends without buying more similar games.
- Parents can also control the children’s games. Share Steam helps parents better manage their children.
- The process of making, sharing, and withdrawing is easy. The player can play the game exactly like the owner. The player cannot play if the owner revokes access.
- Save money for unnecessary games. In addition, people can contribute money to buy games to play together.
Besides the above advantages, Steam Family Sharing also has its downside. Some of the disadvantages are as follows:
- Steam’s sharing feature isn’t quite as perfect as you might think. It does not allow unlimited sharing of accounts and computers.
- Steam requires an internet connection to access shared libraries: offline operation is not allowed.
- The library can only be active in its entirety: you cannot choose one or two games that you must share in their entirety.
- Some games do not allow sharing and must be registered to be played by others.
- A rather inconvenient downside is that you can’t play at the same time as the owner. Because the game only allows access to one person at a time.
- The account holder is the one who decides everything. If two players are playing at the same time in the same period of time, the owner will have the right to play the game first.
In short, anything has its own good and bad sides. Before deciding to share for your family, you can rely on the features of this feature to make a suitable choice.
Frequently Asked Questions
In addition to the information above, we realize that many of you have questions about Steam sharing. So, in the section below, we have solutions to some of the most frequently asked questions about sharing to help you solve your problems.
What should I do to unshare my Steam?
If you don’t want others to access your game. In other words, you decide to stop sharing your game. This is entirely possible to follow these steps to unshare:
- First, you also need to log into your Steam account.
- Next, click on the top left and select Steam.
- Also, in the Settings section, you choose the Family location.
- Finally, click on the unchecked box icon next to the user.
- So the sharing feature is off. Now, no one can access your gaming library but you.
Can I send games from my Steam library to another account?
Like we shared above, you can completely send your game to friends in other accounts. However, the maximum number of machines can only be ten machines.
In addition, you must understand the following: submitting a game is a sharing for all public users, not completely sending your game to someone else’s account. Although the above two issues are completely different, many people confuse them.
Similarly, other people can also send their games to you the same way you did.
Can you share your Steam library offline?
We’re sorry you can’t share Steam offline. But when you enter the game, you can switch to offline mode for games that do not require an internet connection.
The way to play in offline mode is as follows: once the game is running, go to steam and turn off the internet connection. That’s it all done, and you can play comfortably without a mobile network or wifi.
However, this method only applies to some types of games, and for online games, it requires you to have internet.
With this article, we hope you can easily share your game library with everyone. If you have any comments, please contribute below to answer and fix them.
Your comments are very little for us, so we are looking forward to receiving your contributions to develop more and more.
Do not forget to share this article with your friends and relatives if you find the information we provide usefully.
Thanks for reading!