A lot of people are complaining about YouTube not working on PS5 and how they can’t watch their favorite videos. It isn’t just those who have a PS4 or a PS3 that are experiencing this problem. People all over the world are having trouble with the app not working, and it is no wonder. There has been some major changes in the last few months, and these changes might be why YouTube isn’t working as well as they need to work on the PlayStation 5. Here are some ways to fix YouTube app not working on PS5.
What’s the problem?
The YouTube app has been a part of Sony’s PlayStation since the PlayStation 4 launched. It is an essential app because it allows users to watch videos on their TV, including movies and other videos that people upload. However, the PlayStation 5 has made some changes to the YouTube app that might be the cause of all of this trouble.
When you first start up your PS5 and go to your home screen, you will notice that there is no more option for YouTube. This means that when you go into the app, there will not be any content available on it at all. The news is not all bad though, because there are a few different ways to fix this issue.
What’s going on with YouTube changes?
YouTube has been making major changes to their app lately. In the last few months we’ve seen a number of different changes that are either causing YouTube not to work or not working at all on PS5. The first change is one where they’re now using HTTPS instead of HTTP, which is a big difference because HTTPS means that everything you do on YouTube has a secure connection.
Another change was made where they started limiting auto-play videos. And finally, there was an update in December 2018 that was supposed to make it easier for new viewers to find creators and shows but instead made it harder for them to find content.
These changes have caused the YouTube app not to work as well as it should be working on the PlayStation 5. So what can you do if YouTube isn’t working right?
How to fix the problem with YouTube app not working on PS5
1. Update your PlayStation 5: the recent updates to systems can sometimes cause problems with certain apps. It’s worth updating your system and checking to see if that helps the problem.
2. Delete the app off of your PS4: if you delete the app off of your console, it will create a new one for you so that you don’t have to download it again.
3. Disable auto-update: is this an older update or something more recent? If so, you can disable auto-update in order to stop any further issues with the app not working on PS5
Uninstall and re-install the YouTube app
If you are having issues with the YouTube app on PS5, take a moment to uninstalling and re-installing the app. Clear your cache in case that is causing problems. The easiest way to do this is to follow these steps:
1. Go to Settings
2. Select System Software Update
3. Click Re-install Updates
4. You will find the updates for YouTube and click Install Updates
5. After it installs, close out of the app and open back up again and try watching videos again
Delete all the saved data on App storage and the cloud storage , and start over
If you are experiencing the YouTube app not working on your PlayStation 5, the first thing you should do is make sure that you have removed all saved data on your App storage and the cloud storage. This includes any videos, subscriptions, or recent uploads. It will definitely help to start out fresh and not have any data that can interfere with the app being able to work as it should.
Another thing that many people do in order to fix this issue is to delete everything off of their PS4’s App storage. This means anything that you downloaded from the PS Store, anything that was downloaded from a local cache, or anything else like game saves. If you don’t believe there is anything on your App storage, go ahead and delete it.
If neither of those options work for you then try deleting your user profile by going into Settings -> System -> Users -> Unlink PSN Account. Then log back into your account and try watching a video again.
Check for updates on your PlayStation
The first thing you should do is check for any updates on your PlayStation. You can do this by clicking on the button that says “System Update” in the upper-right corner of the home screen of your PlayStation 5. If there are any updates available, you will have to click on it and follow the prompts to install the update. If there are no updates available, then you will need to try a different solution.
If there are no updates available and you still can’t access YouTube on PS5, make sure that you’re signed into your account with a stable internet connection before trying anything else.
Check your Network connection on the PS5
Before you go and try to open the YouTube app on your PS5, it might be worth checking your network connection. If you are having issues with YouTube not working, it could be a problem with either the internet or your router.
To check your network connection, follow these steps.
1) Go to Settings on your PS5 and select Network Settings.
2) Select Network Information to see what kind of connection you are currently using for both wired and wireless networks.
3) Make sure that you have a strong enough connection for YouTube and other similar apps.
This video shows you how to fix YouTube not working on PS5.
1. What’s the problem?
2. What’s going on with YouTube changes?
3. How to fix the problem
4. Uninstall and re-install the YouTube app
5. Delete all the saved data on App storage and the cloud storage
6. Check for updates
7. Check your Network connection on the PS5