If you own a MacBook, you know that it’s a great computer. But did you know that there are a lot of hidden features that you may not be aware of? In this blog post, we’ll show you 10 lesser-known and hidden features of MacBook that you should try in 2022.
One of the hidden features of MacBook is the ability to create custom keyboard shortcuts. If you’re always typing the same thing over and over again, you can create a keyboard shortcut for it so you don’t have to keep typing it out.
Another hidden feature is the ability to change the resolution of your display. If you find that your display is too small or too large, you can change the resolution to make it more comfortable for you.
If you use a lot of apps on your MacBook, you may want to try out Spaces. Spaces allows you to create different virtual desktops for different apps. So, if you have one desktop for your work apps and another for your personal apps, you can easily switch between them without having to close any apps.
Do you ever accidentally close a tab when you’re browsing the web? If so, you’ll be happy to know that you can easily reopen closed tabs on your MacBook. Just press Command + Shift + T and the last tab you closed will reopen.
We hope you enjoyed this blog post. If you know of any other hidden features of MacBook, let us know in the comments below.
2022 Edition: Lesser-Known Macintosh Secret Features Everyone Should Know
As the title suggests, this blog is about lesser-known Macintosh secret features that everyone should know. It was written in 2022, so the information is up-to-date and relevant. The author does a great job of explaining each feature in detail, making it easy for readers to understand.
Some of the featured secret features include the ability to take screenshots without using keyboard shortcuts, how to customize the Dock, and how to enable Night Shift mode. Each of these features is demonstrated with clear instructions and accompanying images.
Overall, this is a great resource for anyone who owns a Macintosh computer and wants to learn about its hidden features. The author does a great job of explaining each feature in a way that is easy to understand.
1 Change The Folder Icons To Interesting Emojis
If you’re like most people, you probably have a bunch of different folders on your MacBook that all serve different purposes. While the default folder icons are fine, they can be a little boring after a while. Luckily, there’s a simple way to change them to something more interesting – emojis!
To do this, simply right-click on the folder you want to change and select “Get Info.” In the info window that appears, find the “Icon” section and click on the icon. This will open up a window where you can select from a variety of different emojis. Simply choose the one you want and click “OK.” Your folder will now have a new, more interesting icon!
2 Hide Current Active App
Assuming you are referring to the Dock feature in macOS, you can easily hide the current active app by opening System Preferences and selecting the “Dock” preference. Then, simply uncheck the “Show recent applications in Dock” option. This will hide the current active app from the Dock, making it less obvious what you are working on.
If you are referring to something else, please let me know.
3 Hidden Files In Finder
If you’re a fan of shortcuts, you’ll be pleased to know that there are a few hidden features in Finder that can make your life a lot easier. Here are three of our favourites:
1. Accessing Hidden Files
If you want to access hidden files in Finder, all you need to do is press the shift + command + period keys simultaneously. This will show any files or folders that are normally hidden from view.
2. Quick Look
Quick Look is a great way to get a quick preview of a file without having to open it in a separate application. To use Quick Look, simply select the file you want to preview and press the spacebar.
3. Cover Flow
If you want to get a quick overview of all the files in a folder, you can use Cover Flow. To enable Cover Flow, simply select the folder you want to view and press the shift + command + y keys simultaneously.
4 Screenshot From Touch Bar
The Touch Bar is one of the most unique features of the MacBook. It’s a small touch-sensitive display that sits above the keyboard and can be used for a variety of tasks, from controlling audio playback to accessing system settings.
One of the lesser-known features of the Touch Bar is the ability to take screenshots. To do this, simply press the “Command + Shift + 6” keys simultaneously. This will take a screenshot of the entire Touch Bar display and save it to your clipboard.
You can also take a screenshot of just the Touch Bar by pressing the “Command + Shift + 5” keys simultaneously. This will bring up a small selection window that you can use to select the area of the Touch Bar that you want to capture.
5 Emoji Keyboard
If you’re a fan of using emoji, you’ll be happy to know that there’s a dedicated emoji keyboard on the MacBook. To access it, simply press Command + Control + Spacebar. This will bring up a small pop-up window with all the emoji available.
There are a few different categories to choose from, including people, nature, food and drink, activity, travel and places, objects, symbols, and flags. To insert an emoji, simply click on it. It’ll then be inserted into your document, email, or chat.
One of the great things about the emoji keyboard is that it’s constantly being updated with new emoji. So, if you’re ever feeling left out when your friends are using the latest and greatest emoji, simply open up the keyboard and see what’s new.
6 Make It Easier To Drag And Drop On Mac
Dragging and dropping is a basic function on the Mac, but there are a few things you can do to make it even easier. Here are some tips:
1. Use keyboard shortcuts. You can use the keyboard to select items and then use the spacebar to drag them. This can be helpful if you’re trying to move multiple items at once.
2. Use trackpad gestures. If you have a trackpad, you can use various gestures to make dragging and dropping easier. For example, you can use three fingers to drag and drop items.
3. Use the Dock. The Dock is a great place to keep frequently used items so you can access them quickly. You can drag and drop items onto the Dock to keep them handy.
4. Use the Finder. The Finder is a great way to manage your files and folders. You can use it to create shortcuts to frequently used items. You can also use the Finder to drag and drop items between different folders.
5. Use the Services menu. The Services menu is a great way to access different features of the Mac. You can use it to quickly perform tasks like adding a file to the Trash or sending an email.
6. Use Automator. Automator is a powerful tool that can automate various tasks on the Mac. You can use it to create workflows that make dragging and dropping easier. For example, you can create a workflow that automatically moves files to the Trash when you drag them to a certain folder.
7 Do More With Spotlight
Spotlight is more than just a search bar in the middle of your screen. In fact, it’s a powerful tool that can help you do more with your MacBook. Here are 10 lesser-known and hidden features of Spotlight that you should try:
1. Open apps and files: Spotlight can be used to quickly open apps and files on your MacBook. Simply type in the name of the app or file you want to open and hit Enter.
2. Perform calculations: Spotlight can be used as a simple calculator. Just type in a mathematical equation and hit Enter.
3. Search the web: Spotlight can be used to search the web. Just type in what you’re looking for and hit Enter.
4. Find contact information: Spotlight can be used to find contact information. Just type in the name of the person you’re looking for and hit Enter.
5. Get dictionary definitions: Spotlight can be used to get dictionary definitions. Just type in the word you want to look up and hit Enter.
6. Convert units: Spotlight can be used to convert between different units of measurement. Just type in the conversion you want to perform and hit Enter.
7. Do more with Spotlight: Spotlight is a powerful tool that can help you do more with your MacBook. If you know of any other lesser-known and hidden features of Spotlight, let us know in the comments below.
8 Use Other Apple Devices As The Primary Camera
If you have other Apple devices, you can use them as the primary camera for your MacBook. This is a great way to get better quality photos and videos, as well as more creative control over your shots. To do this, simply open the Camera app on your MacBook and select the “Use Other Device” option. Then, choose the device you want to use from the list. You’ll be able to control the camera settings and take photos and videos just as you would on your iPhone or iPad.
9 Do Your Signature Without Installing Any Third-Party App
One of the lesser-known features of the MacBook is its ability to create signatures without the need for any third-party apps. This is a great feature for those who need to sign documents electronically, as it eliminates the need to download and install another app just for this purpose.
To create a signature, simply open the document you need to sign and click on the signature icon in the toolbar. This will open a signature window where you can create your signature using your trackpad or mouse. Once you’re happy with your signature, simply click ‘Done’ and it will be inserted into the document.
10 Be Trendy By Creating A Meme
1. Go to Google and search for “meme maker”.
2. Select a popular meme template.
3. Enter your text for the top and bottom of the meme.
4. Download or share your meme.
Creating a meme is a great way to be trendy and show off your sense of humor. Memes are popular because they are often funny, relatable, and can be easily shared with friends. If you’re looking to create a meme, there are a few things you’ll need to do.
First, go to Google and search for “meme maker”. This will bring up a variety of different meme generators that you can use. Once you’ve found one you like, select a popular meme template. These are often pictures with blank spaces for you to enter your own text.
Next, you’ll need to enter your text for the top and bottom of the meme. This is where you can be creative and come up with something clever or funny. Once you’re happy with your meme, you can download it or share it with your friends.
1. Use Mission Control to Organize Your Spaces
2. Use Keyboard Shortcuts to Control Mission Control
3. Use Launchpad to Access Your Apps
4. Use the Touch Bar to Control Your Mac
5. Use Spotlight to Search Your Mac
6. Use Siri to control your Mac
7. Use the Touch Bar to Control Your Apps
8. Use the Touch Bar to Control Your Dock
9. Use the Touch Bar to Access Your Files
10. Use the Touch Bar to Customize Your Mac
Thanks for reading! We hope you enjoyed this article on 10 lesser-known & hidden features of MacBook you should try in 2022. As always, if you have any questions or comments, feel free to leave them below. And don’t forget to subscribe to our blog for more helpful tips and tricks.
- Snowfall Photo Frames 1.0 APK Free Download - November 29, 2022
- Tutanota: simply secure emails 1.6 APK Free Download - November 29, 2022
- Dirilis Ertugrul Season 2 Urdu Dubbing – Legend TV 1.7 APK Free Download - November 29, 2022